Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any fisherman on here would be interested in seeing a very old map of the reservoir? It was my husband's dads who used to take him fishing there as a kid. This map shows where the old underwater train trestles/track are located and other areas that are now underwater. If I can talk him into letting me photograph parts of it I will share. It is an actual original blueprint. His dad passed young in 1971 and I know he got it way before then.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My husband corrected me and said it is ONE OF THE ORIGINAL BLUEPRINTS of the ROSS BARNETT RESERVOIR before it was built. There were old bridges, railroad trestles and buildings that stood in that spot before it was completed. They left the railroad trestles and tracks under water. There were nearby lakes that were taken too to build the massive body of water. He remembers his dad taking him to the railroad trestle area and catching loads of fish there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am interested in seeing some of this map, what size is it ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is pretty large. A big architectural blueprint. I will ask him to let me take some photos and upload them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My husband thinks it is at his office. It may take a few days for me to get it and take digital pics of it. He said he doesn't care if I share. He just has to remember where he put it, lol!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Go by PRVWSD and ask if they have any more lake maps. I got one from them a few years ago that had more of the old lakes and such than any other I've seen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts