Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a Bergara Ridge .308 Special Purpose 18" barrel. It's on back order, so don't know when it'll be in. Went ahead and ordered a Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-10x56, DNZ Game Reaper mount and a couple boxes of Barnes 150 gr for her. Will shoot suppressed with a Nomad L when it gets out of jail.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That will be a fine setup.

Why the 150 vs. a heavier pill? I have had better accuracy with 165gr or better in .308.
Barnes .308 TTSX factory loads come in 150 or 168. This is my first .308 and have always heard 165 mentioned when it comes to this caliber. With the short barrel and the 1:10 twist, from what I have read and been told it will help keep my velocity up for expansion at longer distances. I could be completely wrong and if it turns out that way, I'll be moving to the 168's.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Sounds like a cool set up. Let us know how it shoots and how you like the Trijicon. I shoot the 168 Barnes but out of a 22” barrel A-Bolt. I have never tried the 150’s but if they are accurate they will be plenty on game. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.