Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congrats on the doe. I'm still chasing them and looking for my first trad kill (ever) but had some bad luck lately. Missed a doe at 18yds then had deer get downwind of me on 3 out of the last 4 hunts and winded me, I'll be back in a couple days to try again.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Congrats on the doe. I'm still chasing them and looking for my first trad kill (ever) but had some bad luck lately. Missed a doe at 18yds then had deer get downwind of me on 3 out of the last 4 hunts and winded me, I'll be back in a couple days to try again.
I missed a doe this weekend as well....happens to everyone. Just keep paying your dues and it will happen!

·
Registered
230 Posts
congrats Mark and Kevin!

I started not to post mine she isn't the biggest deer but I worked long and hard for my FIRST traditional deer and she will be very much enjoyed at the dinner table. when I decided to start traditional hunting I was looking for something different and challenging. I honestly didn't know what I was asking for but I defiantly got both. 11/2 year in I had 2 misplaced shots and 2 misses under my belt. I was getting very discouraged but finally managed to connect on this young doe. It started out as more of a bucket list thing but I have given my compound bow away and I am hooked for life... still digging hope I can get some more meat for the freezer this year and would love to get my first trad buck..
good luck to all the trad guys!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
congrats Mark and Kevin!

I started not to post mine she isn't the biggest deer but I worked long and hard for my FIRST traditional deer and she will be very much enjoyed at the dinner table. when I decided to start traditional hunting I was looking for something different and challenging. I honestly didn't know what I was asking for but I defiantly got both. 11/2 year in I had 2 misplaced shots and 2 misses under my belt. I was getting very discouraged but finally managed to connect on this young doe. It started out as more of a bucket list thing but I have given my compound bow away and I am hooked for life... still digging hope I can get some more meat for the freezer this year and would love to get my first trad buck..
Man that's awesome! Way to stay the course when things looked discouraging. The 'monkey' is off your back so smooth sailing ahead! The first one is the hardest. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
congrats Mark and Kevin!

At least you got it done in your first season! I don't even wanna think about how many years it took me! Hopefully you'll get a buck before the season is over. And you're gonna kill some pigs in April. That is, if you can skip a weekend of chasing turkeys!

·
Registered
230 Posts
yeah im going to try and go in April id love to get some bacon....... but you know that's like asking a crackhead to lay the pipe down for a weekend!! [laugh]
I just hope I don't hear a gobble while we are out there.... I may not be able to take it!!

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
That a way to stick with it! Congrats on a well deserved harvest.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.