Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Panthers, are they in Mississippi?

Well, I wanted to get this forum started right. I don't know if panthers are in Mississippi, but I like to think that there could be one or two here somewhere.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Oh no, not here to! There might be a slight chance panthers/cougars/pumas/mountain lions could be in or passing thru MS. But, they are all TAN colored.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you that they most likely would be tan colored. Melanistic panthers/jaguars are very uncommon where these animals are known to exist.

·
Registered
15,861 Posts
have seen one on three different occasions, all three times were within a mile and a half of each other. Could have been the same cat, all the times were in different years also.

·
Registered
432 Posts
When I was young I saw a large black cat like creature run across a trail in front of me while on a four-wheeler one day. Had never heard of a black panther at that time but now I believe that is what I saw. May or may not have been one but i do know if you spend enough time in the woods you will see and hear things you can't explain.

·
Registered
473 Posts
plenty of painters in MS.  I think some might be having a slow time with work right now, but it will pick back up eventually

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I saw a black panther one night in Louisiana while driving from a friends house. He had seen it several times. I have never seen one in Mississippi.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kulikowski said:
Panthers, maybe.... but the cougars are everywhere and they will cost you a trip to the chiropracter
LOL... sounds like you are speaking from experience.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts