Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to ask if anyone could provide some guidance for fishing the lower Pascagoula River for catfish. I’ve fished the lower river out into the gulf but have never gone very far North, past Hwy 90.

I haven’t been catfish fishing in awhile, last time was in a pond and used stinkbait. The pond was literally over run with catfish so it wasn’t much of a challenge.

I’d like to catch some river cats and was wondering what the bite has been like up in the river. I am going to use chicken liver & stinkbait but if there’s a better recommendation I’m listening.

Thanks, and if anyone is looking to catch some white trout, let me know.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I wanted to ask if anyone could provide some guidance for fishing the lower Pascagoula River for catfish. I've fished the lower river out into the gulf but have never gone very far North, past Hwy 90.

I haven't been catfish fishing in awhile, last time was in a pond and used stinkbait. The pond was literally over run with catfish so it wasn't much of a challenge.

I'd like to catch some river cats and was wondering what the bite has been like up in the river. I am going to use chicken liver & stinkbait but if there's a better recommendation I'm listening.

Thanks, and if anyone is looking to catch some white trout, let me know.
I don't have much experience myself, but I went with a co-worker once to check and rebait his limb lines in the swamp. He used crawfish netted in roadside ditches to bait his lines.

·
Registered
365 Posts
We've had success using dead shrimp. We've tried weiners, but the turtles and minnows seem to get them off.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Fresh cut mullet works really well on the big blue cats. Crawfish out the ditches is the best. Don't want the big crawfish tho some reason they don't work well. Then night crawlers of course. I imagine dead shrimp would do good too. Get away from the chicken liver in stink baits in the rivers around here not as successful

1 - 4 of 4 Posts