Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, been living and fishing in Ocean springs for about 4 years now and still having a hard time finding a consistent spot to fish from land. I’ve been trying to catch a big red and haven’t had any luck. I’ve been trying the pier on east front beach, the walk on pier on north side of biloxi bridge and drive on pier with minimal success I’m about to start wade fishing In hopes of getting on some more fish and will probably start on the point by the drive on pier. Any suggestions or key words I can search or get some more info? Thanks in advanced this seems like a great forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
4/30/21
I just re-joined after about a year's hiatus, so I don't know if anyone has replied, so here goes...
Start at daylight, preferably on a High Tide, at least a moving tide of 1.0 ft or more. I can't recommend any sites in OS, but over on the Biloxi beachfront... If you're wade fishing, consider:
1. West of White Ave just past the White House Hotel. Many, many, many years ago quite a few oyster shells were deposited there. With Camille, Katrina, and others, I'm not sure of what remains, but it's always been a decent spot for specks, white trout, flounder, reds.
2. A little farther down west, between St George and St John Ave. If you look at onXhunt app or Google Earth, there is a "drainage ditch", actually an old creek, that has concrete sides to it, at the foot of Sylvania St where the Sylvania apartments used to be, feeding the MS Sound, and there is an old pier to the east of that. Anywhere east of the "concrete creek" as we called it when we were kids.
2. West side of the Broadwater Marina.
3. West of Treasure Bay.

That should be enough to start you out. Now that May is about to be here, it's a good time to start wade fishing. Get some live shrimp, go right at daylight, and it's over by 0800., if you are really young, strong, and have a partner, get a 15' seine net to get some shrimp and croakers. You WILL catch some specks.

Best,
DWD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts