Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a video they posted today. The are leaving Cottonmouth and headed to a place called Kudzu Bluff...said their decision was based on how the river floods every year. I imagine it is a pain in the behind having to deal with it all the time.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I still enjoy their videos but, I miss the old days with Kenneth Lancaster, Keith, Kevin and Chris. I looked forward to the bowhunting video they produced. They sure looked to have a good time. I watch the guys new shows but I miss the old. I guess the older I get the less I like change.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I absolutely love the primos guys! Not sure how Will, Jimmy, Brad, Lake, Jordan and Troy are in real life but I like who they are on TV.

I can’t imagine having to deal with the river that often and the flooding. I hope they do a tribute video to Cottonmouth like they did for Rivers Run when Will sold it.

Anyone know where Kudzu Bluff is? I assume it’s in MS due to the name. haha Whats going to become of Cottonmouth? Is someone buying it?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I absolutely love the primos guys! Not sure how Will, Jimmy, Brad, Lake, Jordan and Troy are in real life but I like who they are on TV.

I can't imagine having to deal with the river that often and the flooding. I hope they do a tribute video to Cottonmouth like they did for Rivers Run when Will sold it.

Anyone know where Kudzu Bluff is? I assume it's in MS due to the name. haha Whats going to become of Cottonmouth? Is someone buying it?
I'm pretty sure Will Walker owns Cottonmouth (AKA Cottonwood).

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Anyone know where Kudzu Bluff is? The lil video Troy did said it was 1hr50mins from cottonmouth.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hunting on the river isn't what it used to be. I lost my camp last year (sold) but honestly it was getting old fighting it. You pay a lot of money to be able to access the property maybe 4-5 months a year. Increase in yearly flooding negatively effected the habitat which impacted the quality of the deer heard. Personally with the quality of properties out there now if I had the money there is no way I'd purchase river property today especially seeing the trends of increasing high water events.

Back to subject, I miss watching the old primos but I still enjoy their shows. Those boys are great down to earth MS boys and I wish them luck on the new property.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Gonna be interesting on bag limits for them. At Cottonmouth they had 3 states to hunt with 3 bag limits. But if they not making DVD’s anymore then I guess they won’t need a ton of footage.

Anyway, can’t wait to start watching this years episodes on YouTube.

·
Administrator
8,595 Posts
Gonna be interesting on bag limits for them. At Cottonmouth they had 3 states to hunt with 3 bag limits. But if they not making DVD's anymore then I guess they won't need a ton of footage.

Anyway, can't wait to start watching this years episodes on YouTube.
They have several places in MS to hunt. Between a half dozen or better of them plus kids, it won't take them long to video a couple dozen hunts. All they are saying about Kudzu Bluff so far is "central MS".

As for the bag limits, I doubt very seriously Will Walker was turning them loose unlimited for 3 bag limits, per hunter, per state.

They make really good content regardless of where they hunt so it will be fun to watch. Good group of guys.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Years ago (20+) I was on a hunt in Pike County Illinois and the Primos gang were staying in part of the house we were staying in the other (they were hunting a lease they had at another location) Back then they were just nice down to earth dudes that love to hunt and I would be willing to bet that hasn't changed with success. They cut up and pick on each other much like you will find in any deer camp especially in MS. I remember it vividly because Kevin Meacham had somehow cut his ring finger (on a bobbed wire fence I think) and his finger was swelling to the point where his wedding ring was going to have to come off. I was an electrician at the time and had a set of cutting dikes with me and Kevin asked me to cut his ring off and I obliged. Kevin was very thankful ( was hoping I would get invited to tag along on a hunt but that didn't happen and it didn't matter) and I will take that memory with me to my grave

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
They have several places in MS to hunt. Between a half dozen or better of them plus kids, it won't take them long to video a couple dozen hunts. All they are saying about Kudzu Bluff so far is "central MS".

As for the bag limits, I doubt very seriously Will Walker was turning them loose unlimited for 3 bag limits, per hunter, per state.

They make really good content regardless of where they hunt so it will be fun to watch. Good group of guys.
Yes they do make great shows Randy. I guess I enjoy them cause their deer hunts are in the state I hunt. I wish them the best.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I’ve met Will, Troy, Jordan and Lake. They are genuinely good folks. Jordan and Lake are as country as cornbread. They are my kinda folks.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
That crazy I used hunt over off Rosebank Rd alittle bit In Holmes County. A buddy had a camp around Acona I'm pretty sure Kudzu Bluff borders Morgan Brake NWR.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Anyone have an idea when we will get to see hunts from this year from the new place? I’ve searched on YouTube and haven’t seen anything except the episode when they left Cottonmouth.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts