Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just enough to be a pain in the ___! Come on cold fronts!
This is headed way the wrong direction strength wise. In the last day the max wind projections have gone from 70 to now 100 and a Cat 2 at landfall. This is looking like more than a PITA especially for those of us who live on the correct side of the state. [laugh]

·
Registered
662 Posts
I haven't seen anything predicting a 2, just a 1. Last forecast I saw, moved it further to the west.

·
Registered
89 Posts
On a postive note, the pre-storm bite was insane this evening. I made a drift near the launch while taking the boat out and you couldn't help but hook a fish.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Headed right at me. 7-11 ft storm surge and have a mandatory evacuation now. Out of here shortly. Eff Sally.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sally can't make up her mind. Last report I saw has moved it into Alabama. I hope that trend continues.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Now that its basically stalled..the barrier islands are taking a beating..especially chandeleur and the eastern edge of marsh. There will be big changes ...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Now that its basically stalled..the barrier islands are taking a beating..especially chandeleur and the eastern edge of marsh. There will be big changes ...
Isle aux Pitre could be nothing but a memory after this one, Brush and Martin Islands also.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Isle aux Pitre could be nothing but a memory after this one, Brush and Martin Islands also.
I really wish LA would do some restoration of the islands on the East side. Unfortunately i think they are too far from any cities in LA for them to consider. If it were really about wildlife Martin would be a great option for restoring. the amount of Pelicans that use that island is astounding. Same with Chandy. The bird life there is abundant and the islands will probably be gone within my lifetime.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts