Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Should fit your need. I generally run Leupolds but hunted with a Bushnell Sportview 3-9 x40 on my primary Deer rifle for ten years. That scope was bought new for $49.99 new. If a scope works, it just works. I have read good reviews on these scopes.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Take a look at the Vortex Crossfire and Diamondback lines as well. The Diamondback will probably be outside your budget, but if you have time to wait for the right deal, a sale can usually be had on them.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I am looking for a scope for my AR. I do mostly coyote hunting in the day time. I have a budget of $200 (I am disabled). Any recommendations? thanks
Most of my scopes are in the price range you specified. It's my humble opinion that a $200 scope is more than sufficient for the vast majority of hunting conditions, especially in the SE US. I've used a combo of H&R Handi-Rifle in 45-70 with a Nikon Buckmaster (the old one) 3-9x40 to take dozens of deer from 10 to 150 yards. Like Mr. Drysdale, I really like the Burris scopes. I've got the very one he mentioned. But I think my favorite so far is their E1 model. It's sleeker than the older Fullfield, and it features an independent focus ring. It can be purchased for under $200. Like Hyckory Styck I like the Vortex, too. I've got both the Crossfire and the Diamondback, and either one is just fine. IMO the Burris and Vortex scopes perform as well as the Leupold VX2, which sells for about $100 more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.