Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a land locked (Nashville area), new boat owner. I have been on the water all my life, but I got my first center console at the beginning of last summer. I have not been able to do much saltwater fishing due to my blown #3 cylinder that unknowingly came with my boat. We did a little trolling and snapper fishing in Destin last summer, but that's all the saltwater fishing we got to partake of before dropping the boat at the shop at the end of December. It just gout out of the shop last month. We will be down in the area this weekend and I'm looking to do some trolling out around ship island. What's currently being caught in the area. I would love to get on some King Mackerel. Any tips or needed info would be greatly appreciated. We are going to put in at the Gulfport Municipal Marina, unless you know a better spot!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don’t believe you’re gonna catch any Kings around ship island, you’ll have to run further south for them. Schools of reds should be starting to move in and maybe some Spanish mackerel. I don’t do any trolling so hopefully somebody with more knowledge will chime in and help you out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t believe you’re gonna catch any Kings around ship island, you’ll have to run further south for them. Schools of reds should be starting to move in and maybe some Spanish mackerel. I don’t do any trolling so hopefully somebody with more knowledge will chime in and help you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts