Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

Shrimp on the coast

1851 Views 19 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  fishingdonk
Fellas, Whats up with the shrimp down south. Anybody have some, bought some lately ? Did the sizes go up yet ? They were pretty small two weeks ago. Thanks
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
We always buy from Randy Lesso when he's in (he sells in the marina behind Hard Rock, the Northwest corner. He said that they have been selling 36-40's for $3 per lbs. I think he's out now but should be in selling for the weekend.
I will probably head down there one morning this weekend. I will report back.
Call pincher's seafood in waveland they get shrimp in fresh off the boat daily
As of yesterday: Biloxi small craft harbor - medium count $3.50 per pound.
I was told $3.50-$4 at the Pass harbor. Can't confirm that though.
Went this morning. Lots of nice mediums for $4/lb. Saw one sign as I was leaving for $2.50/lb but I didn't look at those.

I'm a sucker for fresh jumbos and I found those. 10ct for $7.50/lb. I dehead and split the back and devein. Marinade and grill. I'll put up some pics later [biggrin]
Man that looks so good I can almost taste it. You and Pete got to open a grill. Hey maybe we need to have a Bull cook off...
Is that zucchini? That is some kind of good grilled, and if you just got to have a vegetable to make it a meal, that ain't a bad choice at all.
Pete's pictures tempted me, so I had to do some grilling yesterday too. Can't beat grilled asparagus. Finishing up the bread pudding I made yesterday for breakfast this morning
See less See more
Yummmm....but JL looks like somebody snuck some green stuff onto your plate[biggrin]
Got the grill craze myself after church this morning. Had grilled ribeye and baked potato for lunch.
Yessir zucchini. Love it on the grill. Asparagus too!(looks good JLad).

The pic didn't load SJ, [biggrin]
Yessir zucchini. Love it on the grill. Asparagus too!(looks good JLad).

The pic didn't load SJ, [biggrin]
If your wanting one salty your going to have to settle for an xray.
Naw, I'll pass on the X-ray...and I'll even take up your slack. Round 2

See less See more
Do I see the making of a Bull cook off happening?
I paid $3.00/lb. Sunday morning at Pass Harbor.
Man those things look good Salty. I bet a surf and turf combo with a half rack of ribs would sure enough make a good meal! We need to work out an exchange program!
Do I see the making of a Bull cook off happening?
[thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.