Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
It makes me wonder how he shot it bowhunting and didn't know what he was shooting.
I truly don't think I would have known. Given how different a deer's color can look according to season and lighting, plus the fact that melanistic (all black) deer do occur (albeit very rarely), I really don't think I'd have thought "hey, a Sitka!"

But of course I can't know for sure. All the deer I've seen in my life have been pretty "boring," lol. I haven't had any exotic or unusual experiences, other than the time I saw what I can only describe as a "miniature" deer - a tiny deer in late Dec that looked exactly like an adult doe, only it appeared to weigh about 25 lbs. Interestingly, a few days later a hunting buddy told me he'd seen a "midget" deer about a mile from where I was hunting. He described it the same way: Looked mature, no spots, but was smaller than the spotted fawns we see in Sept and October. Oh, I saw an albino deer one time, but not while hunting. It was standing in the woods beside a highway one morning when I was driving to school. Many people in Coldwater and Senatobia reported seeing that deer for a couple years.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Wasn’t the guy from Louisiana??? I mean it could have been an elk or an antelope it was dying!!! Ha brown it’s down or in this case I guess black

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Kinda intensional. Ha Ha. Must be duck hunters too. Infatuation with Sitka hunting clothes and CROCS!!!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Y’all know how that conversation went. Big buck down Boudreaux!!!!!!! Tibedoeux walks up and said what da heck kinda deers you done shat??? Boudreaux says a dead deer!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts