Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just killed a copperhead by the backdoor steps wife had went out ahead of me and stepped over it. was very hard to see.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Be alert! Coperheads and Timber rattlers are active now. I have a 6' Timber rattler hanging out by my garden. Found his shed last Sunday. Trying to get him before he gets one of us.[omg]

·
Registered
819 Posts
+2!

In the last month, I have killed a 50" Timber rattler with 11 rattles and let another go about the same size. The one I didn't kill had struck a squirrel and was about to have dinner so I let him eat in peace. One of my neighbors also killed one with 14 rattles and the neighbor next to him killed one with 11 rattles also. The loggers across the road said they had killed around 8 rattlers so far in the last couple weeks. Seems to be a lot of snakes but the logging pressure might have moved a few around.

·
Registered
28 Posts
+2!

In the last month, I have killed a 50" Timber rattler with 11 rattles and let another go about the same size. The one I didn't kill had struck a squirrel and was about to have dinner so I let him eat in peace. One of my neighbors also killed one with 14 rattles and the neighbor next to him killed one with 11 rattles also. The loggers across the road said they had killed around 8 rattlers so far in the last couple weeks. Seems to be a lot of snakes but the logging pressure might have moved a few around.
What county are you in if you don't mind me asking?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts