Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5 year old son, Ross and I were set up near a well known roosting location well before daylight and at 6:25 we were greeted with a good morning gobble from one of the neighborhood gobblers. Several more chimed in as daylight approached. I yelped a few times and was answered immediately so I just sat back and waited for fly down. Not 10 minutes later 2 Jakes are headed down the road and in a hurry. I got my boys gun ready and the Jakes approached our decoys at 15 yards. They became a little spooky and started to ease off to about 20 or so yards and I have been telling him to shoot for a minute or two, but all he was doing was following the strutting Jake with the gun. Finally he fired a shot and and cut him a backflip! He immediately started saying, “what a hunt, what a hunt”. I knew then it was in his blood stream. I asked him what took him so long to shoot and he said, “ well dad I just wanted to make sure I was on the bottom of his neck real good before I shot”. Won’t be long and we will have his first long beard. I’m a proud dad!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts