Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about at wits end with my Spypoint Link-Evo cameras. I'm constantly having to go to the cameras to restart them (power off/power on). They'll take photos for a while and then stop again. I did the firmware update and reformatted the sd cards. Nothing is helping. Called Spypoint and got the usual recording to leave a message and they'd call back. I called Monday morning and am still waiting for that call. Of course last year, the time I did get a live person on the line, I couldn't understand them, as English is not their primary language. I've went online to the "chat" feature on the website and it always says no tech is available. Any ideas on what I can do other than toss these cameras and write off the loss? I use the cameras to shoot hogs at sites as far off as 30 miles so if the camera isn't working I don't know when the hogs are there and it's a major pain to constantly have to run to them and restart them. So my next question is, does anyone have a particular brand/model of camera that has worked flawlessly for you?

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I have been running the Snyper Commander for a couple seasons now. While their customer service is not worth a crap, the camera has not had a hitch. It runs off a SIMS Hero card which pics up the best cell signal regardless of carrier and sends the pics to your app. I ordered a Tactacam X last week, so we'll be able to see what all the fuss is about. My brother has been running Moultrie mobile for a few seasons and except for some minor server issues he's had good luck with them.

Reactions: Rufjustis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I finally got tired of running back and forth to the Spypoint cameras and restarting them only for them to stop again. I went to the Spypoint website (chat or whatever you call it) and after about 30-45 minutes I got it through the technicians head that I didn't want to reformat, reload the firmware, trouble shoot or anything else... I wanted to cancel both my plans.

Now for the current bad news... I ordered and received a Tacticam Reveal SK, went through all the setup etc and put it in the field. However, I put it on the post with a buddy's Spartan. After I put it out they were both sending away like clockwork. But at about 10:30 p.m. the Tacticam photos got foggy. Spartan were clear as a bell. This went on all night, or as long as there was critters about. There was even a period when the Tacticam quit sending pictures, I know because the Spartan was working like a champ. That has been for the past three nights. I've sent Tacticam three requests for someone to call me... Nothing as of yet but the crickets chirping.. Both cameras are on Verizon, both cameras are set for one minute delays. The Tacticam is brand new out of the box and the box showed no signs of moisture. It hasn't rained since I put the camera out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well, I finally got tired of running back and forth to the Spypoint cameras and restarting them only for them to stop again. I went to the Spypoint website (chat or whatever you call it) and after about 30-45 minutes I got it through the technicians head that I didn't want to reformat, reload the firmware, trouble shoot or anything else... I wanted to cancel both my plans.

Now for the current bad news... I ordered and received a Tacticam Reveal SK, went through all the setup etc and put it in the field. However, I put it on the post with a buddy's Spartan. After I put it out they were both sending away like clockwork. But at about 10:30 p.m. the Tacticam photos got foggy. Spartan were clear as a bell. This went on all night, or as long as there was critters about. There was even a period when the Tacticam quit sending pictures, I know because the Spartan was working like a champ. That has been for the past three nights. I've sent Tacticam three requests for someone to call me... Nothing as of yet but the crickets chirping.. Both cameras are on Verizon, both cameras are set for one minute delays. The Tacticam is brand new out of the box and the box showed no signs of moisture. It hasn't rained since I put the camera out.
Tactacam has good service rep on facebook. Just post your problems and they seem to get on it quick.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Appreciate the info. I'm not on FB but the wife is, will have her check it out.

my Tactacams are doing the same but only real early in the morning right at daylight and not every night

1 - 13 of 13 Posts