Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandfather gave me a gun the other day. It is a J. Stevens arms and tool Co. Model 200 20 gauge pump. The gun is missing a part in the breech but other than that it is in pretty good shape. I did a little internet research on it and there is just not much out there... Anybody know where I might could find some replacement parts or replica parts?
Here is a pic of the gun..

Here is a pic of the missing part in the breech...i think it is called a breech block..not 100% sure though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy Scott
That is part #83 side plate it is attached to that high placed screw on the front part of the receiver behind the barrel bulge. Do you have the spanner wrench? it unscrews from the front of the magazine tube.
I'm in the process of making a manual for the model 200 in 20ga. and am rebuilding one as well I'm missing the spanner and the cartridge guide.
Once I figger out how to post pic's I'll post the parts list and drawings of the parts.
Yours in Service
James Acerra

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes Scott
Numrich Gun Parts: Side plate #970610 $19.90
I've been keeping my eye on the parts list listed under the Savage/Stevens/Springfield/Fox section in shotguns #200.
I'd like to get a spanner so I can make a copy of it for mine. if your willing.
Also the cartridge guide plate but that would need to be taken out of the receiver.
Both parts CG and SP are held with a interrupted nut that is a pain to get off. I had to make a wrench to fit them so I could tear down my 200 to parts.
I'm in the process of making a manual that will cover the process to field strip as well as break down for through cleaning.
How do you post pics on here I'll show you my gun.
I've torn it down to parts once and will do so again and photograph the steps.
Hope this helps if you need help in putting in the side plate send me an e-mail [email protected].
Yours in service
James Acerra
Visit my site: http://acesdugout.tripod.com

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
IF IT CANT'T BE FOUND DON KEIFER OF"DON'S GUNS" IN BRUCE MS. WILL MOST LIKELY MAKE ONE . 662-983-4536 DON HAS NEVER HAD TO MAKE ME ANYTHING BUT KNOW SOME THAT HE HAS .DON MAY HAVE IT ANYWAYS . HE HAD A CLIP FOR MY 1970 MODEL MOSBURG 22 RIFLE ! IF YOU CALL HIM TELL HIM COACH (WATER VALLEY/OXFORD )(RETIRED AND LOVING IT ) SAYS HELLO .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy Scott
That is part #83 side plate it is attached to that high placed screw on the front part of the receiver behind the barrel bulge. Do you have the spanner wrench? it unscrews from the front of the magazine tube.
I'm in the process of making a manual for the model 200 in 20ga. and am rebuilding one as well I'm missing the spanner and the cartridge guide.
Once I figger out how to post pic's I'll post the parts list and drawings of the parts.
Yours in Service
James Acerra
Hi Ace. I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you ever did get that manual completed on the take down and cleaning of the Model 200. If so, I'd be interested in purchasing one from you. I just acquired a Model 200 and would really like this info. Thank you! Kraig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.