Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
You're story was a lot better than mine! Some does came to a creek crossing headed into a soybean field right at dark. I spined her at 20 yards and put another one in her quick. The interesting part was having to inch my way across a 100ft I-beam with her front legs in one hand and back legs in another hand.

Congrats on the does guys. I'm behind on my doe management due to working my new place and not hunting my new place. We are at a point now where we can start enjoying it a little. I'll have my does before long and hopefully both with a bow.

Had a good weekend boys! Got two does with the bow. One was a poor shot that took us on a looong journey to recovery. My two buddies also killed does. 2 hogs as well. Bucks didn't seem too interested in moving, but we had plenty of action. It won't be long til they change their tune! How'd everyone else do?

Had a good weekend boys! Got two does with the bow. One was a poor shot that took us on a looong journey to recovery. My two buddies also killed does. 2 hogs as well. Bucks didn't seem too interested in moving, but we had plenty of action. It won't be long til they change their tune! How'd everyone else do?
Nice job on the nanny's.

Only got one hunt in over the weekend and had an 8 all over me but he was small. Fun hunt tho. Plannin to get after em hard the rest of the week. Hopin for some good movement.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Put some points on the board yesterday morning. Shot the doe then this mature 8 came in trailing behind her. He started creeping up behind her sniffing her till he finally got in an opening I could take a shot through and barely shot under him at 20 yards. He hopped 3 or 4 steps back and circled around to 40 yards infront of me. Meanwhile a spike came in and started hooking the doe with his horns trying to get her up. With all the racket he was making I decided to grunt at the 8 point. When I did he came trotting right back in to 10 yards and I smoked him with my last arrow. My dad also killed a nice mature 9pt. It was a fine morning

I'll be after em in the delta this weekend...we'll see what happens.

Then startin next weekend I'll be after em hard with 2 weeks off. Hopin to hit it just rite in my normal haunts. Don't really have anything on cam yet to get excited about but figger one could pop up when the time is rite.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.