Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had a really heavy 11 pt on camera since the middle of October.
My daughter and I were hunting together Saturday afternoon when 2 does blew by us with a small 8 pt chasing them. We were sitting in the blind laughing about it, they almost ran through the blind they got so close to us. A few minutes after they came by us I caught a glimpse of a deer coming through the woods. I bumped my daughter and told her that a deer was coming to us. The deer got in a thicket and we couldn't see it, but I could hear it grunting, and I told her that it was a buck because I could hear it grunting. My daughter is deaf, so she couldn't hear it. The deer came out of the thicket at 25 yards and I immediately knew what buck it was. I wasn't planning on shooting that afternoon, but where the buck came out, my daughter couldn't get a shot. I shouldered my rifle and realized that my scope caps were still on. I finally got my scope caps off and fired a round just as the buck broke to run. I knew that I hit him back, so we gave him as long as we could before it got dark to go look for him. My daughter stayed in the blind and guided me to where the buck was standing when I shot it. I immediately found blood, and after following a good blood trail, we found the buck about 75 yards away. I don't know if I'll ever kill another one this unique.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts