Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I had a tough day of casting practice yesterday. The day started out great with a great horned owl hooting from the very top of a pine tree across the street from my house. Also, clear cool weather with a slight breeze from the northeast. We got to the ramp just as the eastern sky is starting to lighten up. Another plus, very few bugs. We get launched and head out. The first sign that things were not right was a strange silhouette on the horizon. A barge with 2 track hoes on it. And then a tug pushing a barge with rocks on in. Further offshore a larger barge with more rocks and a track hoe. Everwhere we when the water was very dirty with lots of sediment in it. We fished hard and ended up with 3 undersized redfish for our effort. After I get home my brother calls to see how we did. I tell him what we saw. He tells me it's some sort of restoration project. He ran into the same thing in Graveline a while back. Seems the government is in the middle of doing some coastal restoration. I guess the Bayou Cumbest area is off my list for a while.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts