1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
620 less birds than 2019

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
No way that’s possible. This year had to have broken a record. The MDWFP must have screwed with the numbers so that they don’t have to cut the bag limit and season and lose money!! I just wanted to be the first to say it😜.
On a serious note....I’m a little surprised, but honestly I’m glad there were less killed this year.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Even if it’s not perfectly accurate like you all think it should be it is the same inaccuracies every year, so at least it’s something to go on. Not much will change until there are 4-5 possum cops per county and I wouldn’t hold my breath. Do what you can to hold those you know accountable to their limit.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The only inaccuracy I see is when the state doubles the reported harvest. Why not just trust your numbers? Maybe add 10 percent, but doubling the numbers is a little much. There’s no way they can do phone surveys by calling less than 5 percent of hunters and get enough info to change anything.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
many of the same comments were made last year as well.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
The only inaccuracy I see is when the state doubles the reported harvest. Why not just trust your numbers? Maybe add 10 percent, but doubling the numbers is a little much. There's no way they can do phone surveys by calling less than 5 percent of hunters and get enough info to change anything.
when did they do that? this is the second year of mandatory tagging, and im unaware of that being done last year or this year as of yet.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Even if it's not perfectly accurate like you all think it should be it is the same inaccuracies every year, so at least it's something to go on. Not much will change until there are 4-5 possum cops per county and I wouldn't hold my breath. Do what you can to hold those you know accountable to their limit.
yeah I don't figure we will see any change until they have several years of data from mandatory tagging at least to actually make a trend with. so our figure our regs will be pretty stable for the next few years.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Hunter efforts where a record for sure ! It was crazy in my area all the to the buzzer ...
man I hope we never see a year like this again with the pandemic. absolutely freaking nuts.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I’ve talked to Adam personally several times this spring... he’s an upstanding guy and cares about the wild turkey in Mississippi. I’m sure he’s got some loop holes that tie him down to what he’s really like to do. Sad but true.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
One of the coolest things to me about this forum is the fact that we have active MDWFP personnel participating. No way that can hurt not to mention a few attorneys thrown in for good measure.

·
Registered
249 Posts
man I hope we never see a year like this again with the pandemic. absolutely freaking nuts.
It will keep getting worse. I figure these people would have been out hunting virus or not. I don't know of anyone who isnt working or was furloughed or lost their job. And my kids are still having to do all their school work at home on computer.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I can assure you that my dad wouldn't enter his data if I didn't do it for him. Lot's of older guys like him I'm sure.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts