Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what wma’s will be open for the velvet buck season? I can’t find that info anywhere. Maybe they didn’t finalize it yet.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Pretty sure WMA's will not be eligible this year. From what I read, it will be private lands only.

Reactions: msurussell

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Anyone know what wma’s will be open for the velvet buck season? I can’t find that info anywhere. Maybe they didn’t finalize it yet.
none that im aware of....i could see some of the draw type wmas doing it eventually though

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should be nice and toasty around that time…unless I’ve got a booner showing up regularly it’s going to be a hard pass from me.
Yeah it will be a tad warm but I work in this heat everyday so I said screw it, I’m gonna hunt in it too!

I also work outside when it’s freezing cold too so yep I hunt in that too! haha

·
Registered
460 Posts
I worry about the non-bowhunter or new bowhunters coming into the sport just because this season in enacted. Fear of several nice velvet bucks being wounded or not found and later dying due to poor shots being made. JMO.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I worry about the non-bowhunter or new bowhunters coming into the sport just because this season in enacted. Fear of several nice velvet bucks being wounded or not found and later dying due to poor shots being made. JMO.
That could be said for October 1st (minus the velvet). It’s a part of hunting, it sucks but it’s a part of it no matter the season.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts