Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who use a cattle mineral as apposed to straight dical, what do you use? I've been using Big Red but want to mix it with another that has high Calcium and phosphorus levels. Also interested in one that doesn't break the bank. Thanks

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Yeah I knew that, but I wouldn’t use anything specific. Just whatever trace mineral the co op has at that time. I can’t remember the name of what I’ve got in the past

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
We put out 2 bags of cattle mineral 2 years ago and to this day it's untouched. If I'm buying something premixed to put out it's Lucky Buck. I just do all my sites like jlt mentioned and if starting a new one I'll add grape kool aid or Buck Jam Molasses to get them started quicker.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Can’t freshen mine up this year per regs. I did freshen them up before we were placed in the no feed/mineral site zone last spring. Same mix as mentioned by jlt. Sites should be good for a couple of years as they are well established.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I use just right emerald cattle minerals mixed with trace mineral and di-cal phosphate, also put out sulfur blocks at each mineral site.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
1 part stock salt, 1 part di-cal, 1 part antlermax mineral. I usually buy one jug of liquid deer cane and splash a little of it on every site i do just for the molasses smell.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Is it still legal to have mineral sites in some areas of the state? When it was legal I used same thing as JLT and put in some dried molasses.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I use trace mineral blocks(red) trace mineral bags(red) and X-caliber from Pinnacle/Simplot(old Jimmy Sanders). I’ve got some with trace minerals and di-cal sacks. This year we had trouble getting the red blocks and I’ve got like 6 white blocks out behind the levee. It works but I think they like the red better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts