Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest got his 1st deer of the season last Monday but besides that nothing from my family. Seen good movement Christmas evening-Tuesday morning then NOTHING else for me. I hunted public majority of time.

·
Registered
614 Posts
We have had zero luck. I’ve seen a good book on my neighbors place every afternoon but he just won’t make the jump over to my property. I even text him and asked him if I could shoot him and he said no. Had fun with my boy(6) and girl(2).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not much luck here either. Hunted a few days before Christmas and saw very few deer but I figured it was because it was so hot. Came back yesterday morning and hunted the evening and saw 2 yearlings. This morning saw the same 2 yearlings with a 3/4” spike hounding them. This evening saw 1 doe and 1 yearling 🤷🏻‍♂️.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Pretty abysmal season…deer numbers are way down compared to previous years. But there is more pressure from hunters from other counties/states around us so that isn’t helping any.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats, nice deer. Had small bucks chasing on the 4th morning and evening to not a deer seen yesterday or this morning in Franklin county.
They are starting to move a bit more yesterday evening and last night. Tomorrow should be best day of season with cold and a high pressure day and rut kicking in.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts