Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carried 2 buddies from church to a near by wma for a quick round with my dogs. We killed 4 and let 6 more than I can think of get away that we saw. It never ceases to amaze me how well and quick a squirrel can get hid. This is my female Mae Mae. She only made 4 trees but we saw all 4. Mitt, male made at least 15 trees but we could only find 5 or 6. He is usually deadly accurate but the squirrels never came down and he was having trouble pin pointing which tree he was in by winding them.

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Awesome!!!!

I've been a total of four times. Went to my refuge honey hole the first three and got a limit each time. Went to Sunflower WMA Saturday morning and only got six. Didn't see as many squirrels in Sunflower as I would have liked so maybe the flood did thin them a little. We had a big squirrel cooking at the camp in Holly Bluff. Was a good weekend!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome!!!!

I've been a total of four times. Went to my refuge honey hole the first three and got a limit each time. Went to Sunflower WMA Saturday morning and only got six. Didn't see as many squirrels in Sunflower as I would have liked so maybe the flood did thin them a little. We had a big squirrel cooking at the camp in Holly Bluff. Was a good weekend!
Sounds like fun.I actually killed these at Hillside. Never ventured off on Sunflower, Delta or Panther. I need to find a few places over there.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I haven't been to Panther yet. I'm wondering if the squirrel population is down like it seems to be in Sunflower. I live about 5 miles from Hillside. Used to be some good squirrel hunting in there.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would really like a squirrel dog. But it would have to come with a divorce lawyer for me to bring it home.
Nah, you just have to be slick about it and give her a beautiful 8 week old puppy and say Surprise. She would fall in love and you would have a hunting dog to play with.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nah, you just have to be slick about it and give her a beautiful 8 week old puppy and say Surprise. She would fall in love and you would have a hunting dog to play with.
LOL.
Tried that with my last "this is the last gun I'll ever need" gun. I even put her initials on it so I'd be thinking of her when I used it. Didn't work. Anyway the 4 cats would drive the poor dog nuts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts