Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

woodhaven glass call

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Ryan T 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard or have the cherry classic slate (glass) call from woodhaven? Was thinkin about buyin one this year an i have heard from a few folks that is one awesome call. Jus wonderin what yall think on it cause it sure ant cheap

#4 ·
I have used the primos jackpot a very inexspensive call for the past few years an have killed alot of turkeys with it jus purrin an cluckin an scratchin in the leaves, But i sat on it an busted it at the end of last season so i bought a new one this year an it sounds like crap. So im lookin into the woodhaven

#8 ·
Morgan makes some fine sounding calls. I know that two gobblers were REAL impressed with them last season..... Both were middle of the afternoon birds that had been hunted hard......Got a couple of glass and slate calls made by Magnolia Game Calls....they are sweet, too.....

#10 ·
I have one and like it a lot. It was kind of high but it was worth it to me. I do agree that you could probably get a custom made glass call that is just as good if not better for less money. You just need to make sure you do your homework and buy from a reputable call maker.

#12 ·
You could get two or three of the Magnolia calls for $80. Maybe 1 each from Bumpy, Morgan and Gary. There is no way a mass-produced call should bring that much money, IMO. Nothing against Woodhaven, I have several of their diaphragms, but I can't bring myself to spend $80. My opinion may change if I ever played one, but I doubt it.

#15 ·
they are top quality calls, but I am a big fan of Southland Game Calls. Give them a try. Mr. Jr. is the man who taught Mike Pentecost to make calls. Southland's new crystal (can't remember the name) is the best sounding pot that I have ever heard. The best 2 tone yelps you can get. It sounds like someone who can really play a mouth call. A fine addition to a collection. I have one, but got a PRETTY good deal on it javascript:insertsmiley('[flapper]%20','/forum/images/emoticons/msp_flapper.gif')

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.