Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody hunted much at the Yock? I got drawn for Archery and Primitive. Just wondering if anyone has any info they want to share. I hunted there a couple years back, but got flooded out during my primitive hunt and never got to go very far in.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is the 1st time for me and my partner. I'll be going up there and scouting a couple times before season opens. We got the Archery. I don't know anything about it and just thought I would put in for something new.

·
Registered
12 Posts
got flooded each time I put in for it, so I quit putting in. Saw a few deer each time we were drawn there but nothing special. Only took some does.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been down the ATV trails and saw the majority of the deer right at the beginning of the trees. The first time I went The river flooded (more like a creek) and when I tried to cross I ended up almost flipping my fourwheeler from the current so I hunted right at the first patch of trees. I did go in turkey hunting and found some good deer sign, but I never put back in to get drawn the following fall. I am hoping someone will give us an idea where to start, but I got drawn for archery and the entire deer season. I basically got drawn for everything I applied for there, so I'm going to say no one else put in.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I hunted it once, we found the most sign along the creek, either side is about same. Take a four wheeler or side by side you will need it, when we went the weather was bad and we seen a few but did not harvest any and only heard a couple of shots. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Go in till you hit the first crossroad, go left as far as you can go... Go in the woods to the right, about 150 yards off the trail, and look around... If you can find the beaver dam I found, you can sit there and watch the parade... Good Luck!
There may be some orange flagging or bright eyes in there which would take you close... It flooded us out last time, and I barely made it out with my climber... But, the deer are in there!

In case it gets bad, you might want to check in the back of the pines to the left, just as you get into the woods. Or, you can go as far straight back as you want to walk, and go down that long lane to the right about a half-mile... Your gonna get your exercise, but there are some spots where the deer come out there worth watching too...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pm me, I can atleast put you on some deer there...can't promise a monster, but I ll get you in the right direction.
I realize it’s been a few years since this thread was active but does anyone have an updated suggestions at the Yock? I hear flooding is a strong possibility. I drew this area for an archery hunt this year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize it’s been a few years since this thread was active but does anyone have an updated suggestions at the Yock? I hear flooding is a strong possibility. I drew this area for an archery hunt this year.
I drew this area for primitive weapon, but have no experience with the WMA at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts