Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think is the most effective way to get rid of a coyote problem? These suckers are everywhere on my lease and I think they are decimating the turkey population.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Treeclimber, I would have a forum hunt for yotes on my place, but I'm afraid people would see all my special one-horned bucks and get jealous

·
Registered
290 Posts
Trapping is the most effective way to put a dent in them. I live too far from my camp to get there more than once a week, so it wouldn't be ethical for me to trap. Instead, I shoot everyone I can, and encourage other members to do the same. Deer hunters hate yotes too.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
You will have to do the same thing we did. Learn to live with them. They are here to stay, Texas has done everything under the sun to get rid of them and they still got as many as before. Trapping and shooting will help for a little then they have another litter and the circle starts over. JMO.

·
Registered
524 Posts
When you find out how to get rid of them, get a patten on it, you will be rich. We been trying to get rid of them for years, no luck yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts